Curriculum Vitae Prof. dr. Pascal Van Der Voort
NAME: Van Der Voort, Pascal, FRSC
CURRENT FUNCTION Full Professor
Director of the Center for Ordered Materials, Organometallics and Catalysis
Department of inorganic and physical chemistry
University of Ghent
Krijgslaan 281 – S3
- 1993 - PhD-degree in Chemistry; Universitaire Instelling Antwerpen (University of Antwerp)
Highest Distinction (inorganic-physical-analytical chemistry)(Characterization and surface modification of the silica surface, chemical surface coating)
- 1994 – 2003 - Postdoctoral Fellow of the Belgian (later Flemish) Fund for Scientific Research (VOx@silica catalysts, mesoporous oxides, silica, catalysis, spectroscopy)
- 1996 – 1997 - Postdoctoral Stay in Georgia Tech (School of Chemical Engineering, development of novel V-based catalysts).
- 2002 – Postdoctoral Stay ENS de Montpellier on the synthesis and applications of ordered mesoporous silica.
- 2004 – 2006 - Senior executive officer at the Flemish Interuniversity Council.
- 2006 - Tenure at Ghent University as Professor.
- 2007 – Foundation of the Research Center COMOC : Center for Ordered Materials, Organometallics and Catalysis.
- 2014 – Full Professor at UGent.
- 2017 – Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
- Synthesis and characterization of advanced materials (ceramics, coatings, sorbents, catalysts, porous ordered materials, micelle templated materials, zeolites, zeotypes, clays, metal organic frameworks, covalent organic frameworks periodic mesoporous organosilicas, composite materials, …)
- Deposition (grafting, impregnation) of transition metal oxides on catalytic support and the characterization of the final catalyst or adsorbent, catalysis
- Excellent knowledge of many analytical and spectroscopic techniques, especially for the characterization of solid materials (FT-IR (ATR, DRIFTS, microscope), FT-Raman, in situ cells, XRD, EPR, NMR, TGA, DSC, nitrogen adsorption, …)
- Heterogeneous Catalysis, Adsorption in liquid and gas phase.
PUBLICATIONS (counting date 1/9/2017)
250 A1 publications (in Thomson-Reuters Web of Science)
205 congress proceedings
4509 citations in Science Citation Index
h-index : 42 (WoS); 45 (Google Scholar)
Invited Speaker at International Conferences on Hybrid Materials, Ordered Porous Materials, Metal-Organic Frameworks, Nanomaterials.
- COMPOSITION OF THE RESEARCH GROUP - 2017
- 5 master students
- 12 PhD students
- 2 technicians
- 5 postdocs
- 1 Full Professor (Van Der Voort)
- REVIEWER OF :
Chemical Communications, Journal of Catalysis, Journal of Materials Chemistry, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science , Energy and Fuels, PCCP – Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics, Chemistry of Materials, Thin Solid Films, The Journal of Physical Chemistry, Journal of the American Chemical Society, Green Chemistry, Environmental Science and Technology, …
FNRS (Belgium) panel member (Sciences Exactes et Naturelles)
Reviewer for ANR (France), FWO (Belgium), IWT (Belgium), ISF (Ireland), European Commission H2020, …
COMOC research group (2017)